Cambridge Coffee Cruise: Afternoon Tease


Time for another review of one Cambridge's many little coffee houses, although strictly speaking this one is more about tea and food than coffee, but you get the idea!

This week, I popped along to another new (ish) place: Afternoon Tease. I've known about Afternoon Tease for a little while now as I pass it on the bus on the way home if I'm in the city centre, but until the other day I'd never actually gone in. I was all too happy to try it, though, when 2 friends from home came to visit and said they wanted to try one of Cambridge's independents since they've been keeping an eye on my blog. Afternoon Tease seemed the perfect choice, so off we went!

Let me start by saying, Afternoon Tease is adorable. It's nestled in a quiet row of shops, just a few steps away from the bustle of the city centre, and it looks like a little slice of boutique cafe perfection. The neon pink sign in the window is what's always caught my eye about the place and it goes wonderfully with the pastel blues inside, making the place so very, very welcoming. My one downside on its location is that it really does feel small once you're inside, and there isn't a massive number of tables to sit at. But on the other hand, the cosiness adds something to its charm, shows the places popularity, and my friends and I ending up really enjoying our table outside in the spring sun.

Now if you think the cuteness stops there, you'd be dead wrong. Oh no. Practically everything about Afternoon Tease is delightful. As someone who loves tea (as does my friend Jess) and all the fun you can have with flavours and different teapot styles, we spent a good long time thinking about which flavours to go for on their menu, and landed on a classic green tea, a chamomile rose and the odd one out, Jammy, who went for a black coffee (there's coffee in here somewhere, not all is lost!).
We also spent a good long time admiring the teapots, and the array of mugs, when they came out. It's so nice to visit somewhere that prides themselves on originality and quirk, and the patterned mugs and adorable teapots reminded me of a proper good cuppa at home.

Everything tasted fantastic, including the food. Ignoring my low carb diet that day, I went for one of their many toasties: brie, mozarella, beetroot and bacon. I've only recently discovered beetroot as something I quite like, so I ventured to have this toastie and honestly, NO REGRETS! The cheese was melted perfectly and amazingly stringy (just how I love it!), and combined with the sweet taste of the beetroot and crunch of the bacon, it was an all round brilliant bit of lunch. Even the bread tasted amazing!

I'll definitely be heading back to Afternoon Tease soon for another delicious and relaxing hour or two. You should definitely go too!

Do you have a favourite lunch spot? Let me know in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Stream

The Blogger

23 year old clumsy person, Instagram addict and documentary enthusiast.

Current location, Cambridge. Future resident of London.

PR friendly.

Twitter Updates