Gooey Lemon Bars with a Blueberry Glaze




I've had very little time to get my baking groove on lately as I'm back at university in my last semester of my MA and assignment deadlines are creeping up fast! It's a good job Jason is around, though, as he found time a couple of days ago to whip up these delicious gooey lemon bars with a blueberry glaze, the recipe for which can be found here.

I came home just as he'd finished cooking these up and they were cooling in the fridge, and the flat smelled gorgeous. They have a lemony scent that isn't too overwhelming but perfectly sweet and their flavour is just the same.


I expected an overpowering hit of lemon and sugar and sweetness from these, but they only taste amazing. The shortbread base is a brilliant offset to the chewy lemon mix on top, and it all comes together with the glaze that leaves a wonderful aftertaste long after you're done devouring it.


A quick an easy thing to make (and a quick post about them, but university work calls!), I recommend you try these ASAP!

2 comments:

  1. This place has the most perfect environment, great food, tasty wings, lots of good beer, but best of all - probably the best wait staff in all of country. Visited the best halloween party nyc last year again, had another great time.

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram Stream

The Blogger

23 year old clumsy person, Instagram addict and documentary enthusiast.

Current location, Cambridge. Future resident of London.

PR friendly.

Twitter Updates