Cambridge Coffee Cruise: Charlie's Coffee Company



That mouthful of a title and all of that alliteration aside, Charlie's Coffee Company grabbed the second spot on my Cambridge Coffee Cruise adventure this week. I'd already been there before on my lunch break a week or so ago before I'd officially decided I'd properly visit and review all of Cambridge's coffee, so when Jess asked if I wanted to meet her there pre-lecture, I said absolutely, and jumped at the chance to get some proper photos and try some more of their drinks and food.

Charlie's, like Espresso Library I reviewed a couple of days ago, is new in Cambridge, along Burleigh Street by The Grafton. It popped up one day, all bright lights, chandeliers, mismatched chairs and well, coffee, so I had to try it!

Like I said above, I tried it before a week or two ago, and treated myself to a hot chocolate, a sandwich and a slice of cake.

The hot chocolate was pretty darn divine and rich, and I loved the addition of a little pot of marshmallows. All these new, slightly hipster, coffee shops seem to have a knack for fun quirks like that, and it adds to the great atmosphere of the places too.

Now, the sandwich I had falls a little by the wayside here in terms of the quality of Charlie's. They do a small selection of sandwiches, and I chose the 'Napoli Sandwich' which looked chock full of fresh tomatoes and salad, but when I got it, it was stuffed to the brim with pretty much only tomatoes and a hint of garlic and greens. It tasted nice, and was definitely fresh, but I wanted a taste explosion of salad and didn't get much at all!

The food, and drink, second time round, didn't disappoint in any way though!

The green tea, from the Brew Tea Co., was perfectly hot and had the perfect amount of leaves for that delicate, fragrant taste you want. I've only recently gotten into green tea, and I would absolutely go back to Charlie's for another pot of theirs. It was also lovely that I got two cups out of the pot - I like a good, hearty amount of tea!



Onto the food, this time. Another great thing about Charlie's (and what they're really becoming famed for) is their pizza. They cook it in a clay oven that's right out open in the shop for you to see. I love seeing a pizza made right in front of me, and I simply had to try one! Not wanting to be greedy and a fatty (haha, when does that not happen!?), I went for a mini margherita that's only £5.


The dough was crispy around the edge and underneath, but just soft enough in the middle to have a nice chew that I like. The cheese and tomato was perfectly balanced so neither one overwhelmed, and the cheese was nice and stringy - there's nothing better than that string of cheese between your mouth and the pizza! I'd have another one of these pizzas in a heartbeat, and I'm especially keen to have a full sized Nutella pizza (yes, you heard me right, Nutella pizza) because the free samples they handed out were delicious and so, so moreish!

I think I'll be popping back into Charlie's very soon, and maybe even make them my hotspot for a pizza and a proper good cuppa.

Where do you grab your favourite cup of tea?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Stream

The Blogger

23 year old clumsy person, Instagram addict and documentary enthusiast.

Current location, Cambridge. Future resident of London.

PR friendly.

Twitter Updates