My First Street Food: Caboose, Brick Lane


Happy Friday all, hope everyone had a great Easter! I spent mine eating (not chocolate) and baking, so I had a wonderful time. It was made even better by the fact I got to bake with my Mum who I only see, and bake with, every so often these days. We threw together a marmalade and nut cake with some leftover bits and bobs and it's now being slowly devoured by the family as a sticky treat with a cup of tea. And if that isn't to someones fancy, they have a slice of my Mum's rhubarb and custard tart she made for dessert on Easter Sunday. There's never a dull foodie moment in my household, that's for sure!


That ethos tends to extend to outside of my house too, but in the amazing world of foodie things to do and try, I've never had street food. Until the other day, that is!


On a somewhat impromptu trip to London with Jason for our anniversary, we booked in to go to The Art of the Brick, a Lego art exhibition on Brick Lane (haha). It was a great day out there as I'm a massive fan of Lego (seriously, I have almost ever Lord of The Rings Lego model going. And Harry Potter), so I loved seeing all the models. Unfortunately, the exhibition is over on the 12th April so as much I'd love to say GO GO GO! you'd have to be very quick.

Where you can go, though, is the where we headed afterwards to a lovely little nook at the end of the road with a great mix of street food vans. Having never tried street food before I was a little apprehensive, but Jason harps on about it like it's God's food, so after a quick look around at what everyone was offering, we punted for a great smelling van on the corner called Caboose.


We went for this one mostly because it was serving pulled pork (which is definitely God's food) and the van looked a treat in its maroon red glory.

Being on keto at this point (which I'm not on anymore, thankfully, I was awful at it!) I opted for the salad box which included lettuce, shredded beetroot, gherkin, melted cheddar cheese and the star of the show: pulled pork. I've really gotten into pork recently (thanks to Jason, and he'll love me saying that) so this was yet another way to try it and enjoy it and it really was delicious. Perfectly tender, perfectly seasoned and perfectly combined with a dressed salad. I was massively impressed by Caboose and wish I could have tried Jason's pulled pork sandwich with brioche. 

Maybe I'll head back there soon and get my street food groove on again!  

Where's your favourite street food from?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Stream

The Blogger

23 year old clumsy person, Instagram addict and documentary enthusiast.

Current location, Cambridge. Future resident of London.

PR friendly.

Twitter Updates